Required Documentation for the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)/Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC)
Note: these requirements differ from ECE’s normal documentation requirements.
- General ECE evaluation report
- the report must be sent directly from ECE to NABP, along with original documentation submitted for evaluation.
When applying for an ECE report:
- Select the NABP as the purpose of the report
- Make sure that you provide instructions for one official copy of the report to be sent to the NABP.
Important Information about Submitting Official Supporting Documentation
All official documentation must:
- Include an inked or impressed seal or stamp of the issuing body.
- Include an inked signature of the individual from the issuing body authorized to certify the document.
- Be sealed in an envelope by the issuing body. A seal, stamp, or signature of an official must overlap the flap closure and the envelope. (The sealed envelope may be submitted to the FPGEC by you or the issuing body.)
- Official documentation that is not in English, or that contains non-English stamps or seals, must be accompanied with a word-for-word English translation. (See the “Translation of Non-English Documents” section below.)
1. Official Transcript(s)
To be considered for certification, you must submit official transcripts of all pre-pharmacy, professional pharmacy degree, and post-degree pharmacy studies to ECE. If there were additional coursework requirements for graduation, an official transcript is also required.
Official transcripts must include:
- School seal/stamp
- Signature (in ink) of a pharmacy school official
- Dates you attended pharmacy school
- Grades or other documentation proving completion
Unofficial photocopies of transcripts will not be accepted
After reviewing your transcripts, ECE will forward your official transcripts to FPGEC for its own records.
Transcripts are not returned.
2. Official Proof of Degree
- Official proof of the pharmacy degree, indicating the title of the degree and the date of issuance, must also be submitted to ECE.
- The pharmacy degree or qualification you received must be the professional degree leading to licensure and/or registration to practice pharmacy.
- Photocopy of your pharmacy degree that was issued upon graduation. (This photocopy does not need to be issued in a sealed envelope.)
3. Translation of Non-English Documents
You may not prepare your own translations.
Any document, including all seals and/or stamps, not in English must be accompanied by an original, official, word-for-word English translation, prepared and certified as correct by an official translator.
The FPGEC considers an official translator to be a certified translator, a certified court interpreter, an authorized government official, or an official from the pharmacy school where you obtained your pharmacy degree.
You may also obtain an original official translation from a professional translation service or an appropriate language department at any university.
The FPGEC must be able to identify the name of the translator. Each page of the original translation must be signed and dated by the translator, and must appear on official stationery. The translator must provide an attestation statement regarding the accuracy of each translation. Proof of the translator’s credentials must accompany each translation.
Translations for documents in sealed envelopes
To obtain a translation of a document in a sealed envelope, you should request two sets of official documents:
- You can use one set to obtain an English translation.
- The other set must remain unopened in the original sealed envelope.
Alternatively, you can instruct the educational institution to include the official translation in the same envelope that contains the official documentation.
Documentation from a country that is not listed in the exceptions below should be issued in the native language and be accompanied by English translations as noted.
Documentation from the countries that follow should be issued in English: (Note: Foreign-language seals or stamps must be translated, as indicated above.)
Afghanistan, Australia, Bahrain, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Caribbean (English-speaking) countries, Egypt, England, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Liberia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Wales, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
In addition to the documentation requirements above, please note that for China ECE requires a China Qualifications Verification Credentials Report.
Both the degree and grade report must be verified.
The verification report (认证报告) must be sent directly to ECE by:
China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC)
B-17, Tongfang Scientific Plaza
No.1, Wangzhuang Road
Haidian District, Beijing 100083
Website: www.cdgdc.edu.cn/cn/ or cqv.chinadegrees.cn
We suggest that the report be sent to us via courier service; please have it sent to: ECE, 101 W. Pleasant St. Suite 200, Milwaukee WI 53212-3963, USA.
Documentation from Cuba must be issued by the Consultoría Jurídica Internacional (CJI) or Bufete de Servicios Especializados (BES) and submitted to ECE in an envelope prepared and sealed by CJI or BES.
The sealed envelope can be submitted to ECE either by the candidate or directly by CJI or BES.
This documentation should include the proof of degree (confirmation of receipt of Título) and grade report (Certificado de Estudios/Certificado de Notas/Calificaciones).
In addition to the documentation requirements above, please note that for Ukraine ECE requires Inforesurs verification.
Contact "Inforesurs" for a confirmation of your education (include photocopies of your passport and educational credentials).
Upon receipt of the confirmation, forward the original to ECE by postal or courier service (photocopies will not be accepted).
Державне підприємство "Інфоресурс"
вул. Олександра Довженка, 3
м. Київ, 03057